Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Who Cares Really

Another thought relevant to Hetaira (see Page) - [this post title is the name of a piece of music by KasKade]:
Because I write, I need to know the correct meaning, derivation and use of words, "lest the blind lead the blind and they fall in to a ditch." So I looked up the word 'whore' in my Oxford English Dictionary (a gift from a friend years back). It says that this word is found in many European languages, and it is based on an Indic root word that means "to care for". This is the same root word that the Latin word "carus / caritas" comes from, the word translated in the King James Bible as "charity": meaning Christian Love. So, our despised Female Archetype of the Lover was originally understood to be a Carer, a Companion. "It is not good that the man should be alone." Genesis 2:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments will be moderated, and it might take me a while to get to them.